If you are self-motivated to succeed, have a proven track record of success in marketing and sales, and want to advance your career while making a positive difference in the lives of others, Curo Health Services is interested in you. We are seeking a Hospice Care Consultant to manage and grow our business development and community relationships through consultative marketing. At Curo Health Services, we honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Our Hospice Care Consultants develop early and appropriate referrals through the selection, acquisition, retention and growth of business partnerships with referral sources. Hospice Care Consultants act as a brand champion, insuring that the mission and vision of Curo Health Services are marketed, understood, and carried out consistently.
~~~Healthcare Consultant – Marketing Coordinator – Business Development – Sales Consultant~~~
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SALES CONSULTANT ROLE
• Learn and execute the company’s consultative selling strategy to build sustainable relationships with targeted referral customers.
• Establish professional relationships with physicians, discharge planners, social workers, facilities and health care decision makers through on-going education and deployment of successful sales strategies.
• Educate the community, referral sources, patients and families on hospice services through daily, planned activities including in-services, one-on-one presentations and group meetings.
• Develop, execute and evaluate strategic marketing plans including tactics designed to meet budgeted admission goals.
• Obtain referrals and assure quality service.
• Provide leadership and support with clinical and operational counterparts to establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating standards.
• Take initiative to develop and maintain relationships within the admissions department as well as clinical personnel to assure effective communication both internally and externally for our referral customers.
• Within scope of position, provide leadership and personal accountability to ensure compliance to corporate and regulatory policies, business growth, professional development and integrity.
• Plan and coordinate public education and communication efforts to increase community outreach.
• Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote company.
• Assist with development of sales budgets.
• Meet or exceed budgeted admissions, census, revenue and expense goals for area of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and guidelines, corporate identity and admissions access standards.
• Performs other activities as assigned.
• Consistently promotes company values.
• Completes required Curo annual training.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SALES CONSULTANT ROLE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications preferred, or a combination of education and experience
• Experience Preferred: A minimum of two years’ experience in referral development, marketing or sales with a health care facility or medical related company. Current relationships with health care facilities or medical professionals in the area. A proven track record of success.
• Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration: Current automobile insurance and valid driver’s license
• Equipment/Tools/Work-Aids: Must be able to effectively operate a computer (word, excel, PowerPoint and e-mail), facsimile equipment, copier and cellphone/beeper. Must have and maintain transportation to be used for work.
• Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Possesses consultative marketing skills. Knowledge of community resources; understanding of hospice; ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of hospice patient and families; knowledge of roles of all disciplines providing hospice services; knowledge of community resources; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organization and record keeping skills.
• Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes: Sensitivity to feelings of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death. Must be able to demonstrate flexibility by performing a variety of tasks, often changing from one to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Communicate effectively with people of all socioeconomic backgrounds. Responsible functioning in the work place, maturity, cooperation, flexibility, tact in dealing with co-workers and all members of the hospice team. Influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things. Make generalizations or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Display evidence of patient advocacy and be self-motivated to succeed.
• Working Conditions: Institutional settings and automobile, and occasionally patient homes. Potential exposure to infections, communicable diseases, odors, blood, excreta and hazardous materials.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE SALES CONSULTANT ROLE
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested by individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions.
• Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
• Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English
• Perceive the nature of sounds by the ear
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ambulate on rough surfaces and climb stairs
• Endure long periods of driving
• Stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time.
• Lift or move up to 25 lbs
STANDARDS OF THE SALES CONSULTANT ROLE
• Maintains high standards of integrity and business ethics.
• Abides by company rules, policies and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
• Conducts self in an honest, ethical manner.
• Reports promptly any suspected violation of compliance standards via the open door policy.
Reports to the AVP or VP of Business Development and to the Director of Operations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.