SOC Analyst I
( Learn More )
Job title: SOC Analyst I
Reports to: SOC Production Manager, Dunbar Security Solutions
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Dunbar Security Solutions provides expert security consulting services, operating as a trusted advisor on the convergence of physical and logical security. We provide risk management, governance, security operations and compliance services. Uniquely positioned, with a 92 year security heritage, Dunbar Security Solutions advises across all industry verticals to enhance the security posture of our clients.
The SOC Analyst role is primarily responsible for the monitoring and analysis of enterprise information systems infrastructures at the network, host and application level.
Duties and responsibilities
• Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Network Access Control (NAC) and other security threat data sources
• Configure, manage, and upgrade FW, IDS, IVS, IPS, NAC, Encryption and a wide variety of other security products/appliances
• Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
• Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed services
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support, threat and other cases
• Provide support and collaboration to SOC Analyst II and oversight to SOC Monitors.
• Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
• Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Requires critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Requires a passion for information security and data security
• Requires practical experience with TCP/IP networking
• Requires experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems
• Requires working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices
• Experience with Mobile Device Management
• Experience with Malware analysis and System Audits
• Prefer have 1 or more years of full-time experience with one or more of the following security products: Splunk, Atlassian, Cisco, Sophos, Sourcefire, IPTables, Snort, ModSecurity, Nessus, Checkpoint, ISS, Juniper/Netscreen, Tipping Point, ClamAV or other technologies
• Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
• Must be detail oriented with strong customer service skills
• Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services
• Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner
• Requires two or more years of Information Security or Networking Experience
• Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, CEH/GCIH/CCNA or other security specific vendor/product certifications
• We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Dunbar, please call our headquarters office at (800) 888-2129 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test