SolarCity is now a Tesla company.
Join the team that’s working hard to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla and SolarCity have merged, and our team is stronger than ever. We’re problem solvers, team players and game changers. If this sounds like you, join us and make a difference.
As a Sales Consultant, you will own the relationship with customers and will be responsible for meeting or exceeding sales targets. As the face of our residential product team, you will educate homeowners on the benefits of solar. Using state of the art software you will demonstrate the potential layout, function and benefits of solar energy based on their needs. Our Sales Consultants spend much of their time visiting with prospective customers at their homes.
Join our team and you will have the opportunity to earn a base salary with uncapped commissions. Top performers will have the opportunity to continue to grow into positions of increased scope and responsibility with SolarCity.
• Participate in full life cycle sales and lead generation; you will generate your own leads as well as work to close leads generated by your Field Energy Specialist colleagues• Use software to demonstrate solar system designs as a visual example for home owners• Conduct analyses of customers’ current and projected electrical usage and financial ROI• Generate project proposals and quotes for customers and close contracts at client homes• Log all communications with customers in Salesforce CRM contact database; strong organizational ability is required• Act as a project manager for life cycle of your customer accounts; you will be the primary point of contact for your customers throughout the duration of their project
• This position requires drive, self-motivation, the desire to help customers, confidence, and a high degree of professionalism• 2+ year successful track record meeting or exceeding sales targets, building a new book of business and growing a market• Experience generating customer leads; exceptional follow up skills. Excellent customer service skills required• You should be entrepreneurial as well as very organized and process oriented. Self-motivation, discipline and resilience are required• Microsoft Office, including basic Excel skills, is required. CRM experience a plus• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, as well as the ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required; must be flexible working weekend and evening hours• Four year college degree highly preferred, but not required• Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screen
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Some positions eligible for equity
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AL 05500, AR M-8937, AZ ROC 243771/ROC 245450, CA CSLB 888104, CO EC8041, CT HIC 0632778/ELC 0125305, DC 410514000080/ECC902585, DE 2011120386/ T1-6032, FL EC13006226, HI CT-29770, IL 15-0052, MA HIC 168572/EL-1136MR, MD HIC 128948/11805, NC 30801-U, NH 0347C/12523M, NJ NJHIC#13VH06160600/34EB01732700, NM EE98-379590, NV NV20121135172/C2-0078648/B2-0079719, OH EL.47707, OR CB180498/C562, PA HICPA077343, RI AC004714/Reg 38313, TX TECL27006, SC M113431, UT 8726950-5501, VA ELE2705153278, VT EM-05829, WA SOLARC*919O1/SOLARC*905P7, Albany 439, Greene A-486, Nassau H2409710000, Putnam PC6041, Rockland H-11864-40-00-00, Suffolk 57612-H, Westchester WC-26088-H13, N.Y.C #2001384-DCA. SCENYC: N.Y.C. Licensed Electrician, #12610, #004485, 155 Water St, 6th Fl., Unit 10, Brooklyn, NY 11201, #2013966-DCA. All loans provided by SolarCity Finance Company, LLC. CA Finance Lenders License 6054796. SolarCity Finance Company, LLC is licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner to engage in business in Delaware under license number 019422, MD Consumer Loan License 2241, NV Installment Loan License IL11023 / IL11024, Rhode Island Licensed Lender #20153103LL, TX Registered Creditor 1400050963-202404, VT Lender License #6766