PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform retail sales and related activities in a professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner in order to enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Assists all customers or potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner.
2. Identities customer needs and provides knowledgeable assistance to help customers select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
3. Demonstrates and explains products to promote sales or as requested by the customer.
4. Remains informed on all new and existing products carried by the Company.
5. Closes the sale with a customer, offers Service Protection Plus (SPP) warranties for every qualified product, suggests add-on product for each sale and forwards the customer to a Cashier for payment.
6. Helps customers with loading as needed.
7. Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas by downstocking, facing and fronting all merchandise in their assigned areas according to Company merchandising standards.
8. Processes special orders, locates and orders parts, informs customers when their merchandise is in, recommends stocking levels for frequently ordered products, and maintains merchandising standards in assigned areas.
9. Supports telemarketing sales activities as required such as local phone calls from customers or potential customers.
10. Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
11. Participates in all non-commissionable events deemed necessary by the Company such as physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows and special sales.
12. Follows Company approved Customer Service Standards.
13. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
14. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least six months of related retail sales experience.• Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.• High mechanical aptitude.• Ability to communicate effectively with customers.• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.