SolarCity is now a Tesla company.
Join the team that’s working hard to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla and SolarCity have merged, and our team is stronger than ever. We’re problem solvers, team players and game changers. If this sounds like you, join us and make a difference.
As a Solar Sales Energy Specialist , you’ll be the first point of contact between SolarCity and prospective customers, and will lay the groundwork for an exceptional customer experience . Based primarily in retail locations, you’ll engage prospective customers in discussions about SolarCity’s clean energy solutions, and leave them wanting to learn more! You should enjoy the challenge of getting people interested in solar, and generating customer leads.
Join our team and we’ll provide you with the training you need to launch your career to the next level—all while earning a base salary with uncapped commissions. During your first year, you’ll be mentored to become a top performer. After you ramp and achieve sales targets agreed upon by you and your Channel Account Manager, you’ll become eligible to be considered for a next step in your career with SolarCity.
• Engage prospective customers in retail locations, educating them about SolarCity’s product offering, discuss benefits and answer questions they may have• Drive the creation of in-store leads to meet personal and team sales goals and objectives• Collaborate with Outside Solar Sales Consultants to confirm in-home appointments• Set up SolarCity displays and collateral (must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.)• Conduct in-store seminars and events for 20 or more people• Your performance will be measured by your ability to engage and sign up potential customers in the store for consultations
• A positive attitude, competitive spirit, resilience, integrity and the ability to deliver superb customer service are required• You should be a quick learner, able to quickly gain and display a deep understanding of SolarCity’s business and product• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team• Prior experience generating customer leads in a quota-driven, customer-centric sales environment preferred• Proficient with email, Microsoft Office and CRM tools (Salesforce preferred)• Ability to work weekends, evenings and some holiday hours required• Valid state driver’s license or identification card, ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screen• Min 18 years of age with a high school degree; college grads preferred• Must be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Some positions eligible for equity
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AL 05500, AR M-8937, AZ ROC 243771/ROC 245450, CA CSLB 888104, CO EC8041, CT HIC 0632778/ELC 0125305, DC 410514000080/ECC902585, DE 2011120386/ T1-6032, FL EC13006226, HI CT-29770, IL 15-0052, MA HIC 168572/EL-1136MR, MD HIC 128948/11805, NC 30801-U, NH 0347C/12523M, NJ NJHIC#13VH06160600/34EB01732700, NM EE98-379590, NV NV20121135172/C2-0078648/B2-0079719, OH EL.47707, OR CB180498/C562, PA HICPA077343, RI AC004714/Reg 38313, TX TECL27006, SC M113431, UT 8726950-5501, VA ELE2705153278, VT EM-05829, WA SOLARC*919O1/SOLARC*905P7, Albany 439, Greene A-486, Nassau H2409710000, Putnam PC6041, Rockland H-11864-40-00-00, Suffolk 57612-H, Westchester WC-26088-H13, N.Y.C #2001384-DCA. SCENYC: N.Y.C. Licensed Electrician, #12610, #004485, 155 Water St, 6th Fl., Unit 10, Brooklyn, NY 11201, #2013966-DCA. All loans provided by SolarCity Finance Company, LLC. CA Finance Lenders License 6054796. SolarCity Finance Company, LLC is licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner to engage in business in Delaware under license number 019422, MD Consumer Loan License 2241, NV Installment Loan License IL11023 / IL11024, Rhode Island Licensed Lender #20153103LL, TX Registered Creditor 1400050963-202404, VT Lender License #6766