Basic Summary of Position:
Individual is responsible assisting licensed clinical staff in assisting patients, maintaining overall cleanliness of the clinic, and ensuring clinic equipment is in working order. Individual is also responsible for the clinical administrative functions of patient scheduling, over the counter collections, new patient check in, and document management. Strong customer service and computer skills are necessary for this role. The individual must communicate in a friendly and professional manner with patients, clients, and ATI employees. Bilingual skills are preferred in certain clinic locations.
1. Maintains a friendly and welcoming relationship with all patients and clients, including among others,
physicians, physician office staff, attorneys and nurse case managers.
2. Provides specified patient care activities under the on-site supervision of a licensed clinician, unless
otherwise prohibited by state statues.
3. Clearly communicates with all ATI staff, including clinical and corporate employees, in a friendly and
4. Schedules patient follow up appointments as directed by the treating clinician.
5. Responsible for greeting patients and answering phones per customer service guidelines.
6. Prints and reviews all new patient paperwork for the following day’s new patients.
7. Provides patients with an explanation of their new patient paperwork, thoroughly answers all
questions, and ensures appropriate signatures are obtained.
8. Ensures that all applicable patient information is scanned to the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR).
9. Accurately completes all items on the Clinic Assistant Checklist in accordance with established timeframes.
10. Utilizing the Clinic Checklist / Maintenance Log, completes tasks of daily back office duties, weekly cleanings and monthly cleanings, maintaining overall cleanliness and neatness of clinic. Turns in the checklist/log at the end of the week for Clinic Director signature.
11. Utilizing the Risk Management Checklist completes daily tasks of ensuring safety of the clinic and clinic machinery.
12. Communicates all special handling charges to the appropriate individuals at the corporate office.
13. Accurately processes patient payments through the online payment application, forwards appropriate documentation to the CBO, and ensures patients receive a receipt for their payment.
14. Tracks Medicare Plan of Care completion through the Doc Queue and the No Signed Medicare POC QA and ensures we obtain physician signatures on all necessary documents.
15. Efficiently and accurately uses office equipment, including fax machine, copier, scanner, and computer.
16. Prepares professional written and electronic correspondence to individuals within and outside of ATI.
17. Provides on-site or remote support for other clinics as requested by management.
18. Organizes supply closet and orders supplies as needed.
19. Accurately accounts for all hours worked.
20. Maintains friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
21. Complies with ATI standards of operations
22. Adheres to the Core Values of the Company
1. Runs errands outside the clinic as requested by management.
2. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High school degree, or equivalent
• Experience in a service based industry preferred
Current License or Certification:
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
• Action oriented;
• Career ambition;
• Comfort around higher management;
• Conflict management;
• Integrity and trust;
• Priority setting;
• Problem solving;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Ability to type 40 words per minute;
• Bi-lingual skills will be preferred in certain clinic locations;
Travel Required: As requested to neighboring clinics
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by management.