Bob's Discount Furniture
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
Location: Manchester, CT
The Merchandising Assistant is an entry level position within the Merchandising Department. As a Merchandising Assistant you will be involved in many aspects of the buying process and complete functions that contribute to the buying team’s ability to achieve their goals. This position plays an extremely important role within the Merchandising Department and will be a point of contact for communication across multiple departments at Bobs.
• Uphold the principles of honesty, integrity and fairness when interacting with employees, suppliers and customers
• Maintain accurate Assortment Plans as requested by the merchants
• Help develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the merchandising department.
• Coordinate all facets of new (placed or proposed), or revised merchandise procurement after the buying decision is finalized including, but not limited to:
• SKUing all goods in a manner that adheres to Bob’s SOP.
• Sample coordination – Initial samples, marketing samples and maintenance of sample area.
• Vendor agreements (COI, compliance, etc.)
• All Inter-organization communication
• Swatches and selling support material procurement and distribution
• Merchandise transfers
• Merchandise Announcements (New Item Alerts, etc.)
• Maintain and distribute an accurate report detailing all incoming product placements (New Goods Report) as well as our Discontinued Product Report
• Foster positive relationships between the department, other departments within Bob’s Discount Furniture and with the vendor community
• Support the buyers with product style-out preparation and tracking of product samples
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint in particular
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Self-directed individual who can work independently and yet collaborate with team members cross-functionally as necessary
High attention to detail
Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Highly organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree
• Retail or analytical training or experience
• Report to: Buyer
Bob’s Discount Furniture is a high-growth, value-priced furniture and bedding retailer. This “no phony gimmicks” Connecticut-born retailer is aggressively expanding beyond the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest and West Coast.
Bob’s truly values the contributions of every associate; therefore, along with opportunities for career growth we offer training, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and a professional, fun, fast paced work environment. With more than 80 stores and growing, our continued success has created exciting opportunities for our associates to enjoy truly rewarding careers. At Bob’s Discount Furniture, we have fun, we love what we do, and it shows in our expansive growth!
Our benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, paid personal/sick days, paid vacation and holidays, employee assistance program, generous employee discounts, and more! Many of our benefits are paid wholly or in part by Bob’s Discount Furniture and are available to eligible employees.
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test