SolarCity employees are driven by our mission to provide clean energy to families across the U.S. and inspired to truly save the planet – one home or business at a time. Beyond a welcoming atmosphere, SolarCity employees also work together to create an extremely positive and inspiring culture that brings in top talent, keeps drive and motivation high, and makes everyone excited to come to work each day. Do you want to be part of the SolarCity team? Apply today and join the movement!
The Licensed Electrician will provide leadership and technical expertise for a photovoltaic installation team (three-person crew). In this position, the Licensed Electrician will communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise for a photovoltaic installation team (three to five-person crews)• Communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems• Lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team
• Requires a valid state Journeyman Electricians License to be considered for the position and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience • Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred• North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred• Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops• Excellent customer service skills• Excellent written and verbal communication skills• Exercises a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor• Thrive in a team environment• Capable of lifting 50 lbs• Must have a valid state driver’s license• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)• A criminal background, driving record check and drug screen will be conducted
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Some positions eligible for equity
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AL 05500, AR M-8937, AZ ROC 243771/ROC 245450, CA CSLB 888104, CO EC8041, CT HIC 0632778/ELC 0125305, DC 410514000080/ECC902585, DE 2011120386/ T1-6032, FL EC13006226, HI CT-29770, IL 15-0052, MA HIC 168572/EL-1136MR, MD HIC 128948/11805, NC 30801-U, NH 0347C/12523M, NJ NJHIC#13VH06160600/34EB01732700, NM EE98-379590, NV NV20121135172/C2-0078648/B2-0079719, OH EL.47707, OR CB180498/C562, PA HICPA077343, RI AC004714/Reg 38313, TX TECL27006, SC M113431, UT 8726950-5501, VA ELE2705153278, VT EM-05829, WA SOLARC*919O1/SOLARC*905P7, Albany 439, Greene A-486, Nassau H2409710000, Putnam PC6041, Rockland H-11864-40-00-00, Suffolk 57612-H, Westchester WC-26088-H13, N.Y.C #2001384-DCA. SCENYC: N.Y.C. Licensed Electrician, #12610, #004485, 155 Water St, 6th Fl., Unit 10, Brooklyn, NY 11201, #2013966-DCA. All loans provided by SolarCity Finance Company, LLC. CA Finance Lenders License 6054796. SolarCity Finance Company, LLC is licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner to engage in business in Delaware under license number 019422, MD Consumer Loan License 2241, NV Installment Loan License IL11023 / IL11024, Rhode Island Licensed Lender #20153103LL, TX Registered Creditor 1400050963-202404, VT Lender License #6766