Truck Driver - Class A
( Learn More )
TRUCK DRIVER position - Class A
Work for the world's #1 mattress company and help contribute to a more well-rested world. This isn't your typical trucking company. We're looking for career minded drivers who want to work for a dedicated company with a long stable history.
What we offer
* HOME Most NIGHTS! -- sleep in your own bed!
* HOME Most WEEKENDS!
* DEDICATED CABS -- no one's mess but your own
* REGIONAL ROUTES -- most out and back same day
* PAID HOLIDAYS OFF - Be home with the family & friends
* PAID VACATION
* Great Benefits: MEDICAL, DENTAL VISION and Retirement options
* COMPETITIVE WAGE
* SAFETY BONUS
You must have...
* Current Valid Class A License & Medical Card
* 2 years experience with a Tractor Trailer, preferably in the last 2-3 years (1 year may be considered)
* No more than 1 incident on your Motor Vehicle record in the last 3 years.
* At least 21 years of age.
* Pass all DOT requirements to drive.
Reports to: Operations Manager with additional direction given by Production Supervisor
* Operates tractor/trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation guidelines, as well as all Company guidelines in order to deliver products to dealer locations as scheduled.
* Assist with tailgating products at customer locations, and warehousing and/or palletizing as needed.
* Provides basic customer service related to delivery issues and assists in resolving related problems.
* Prepares required delivery paperwork.
* Picks-up and loads returned products as instructed.
* Inspects products for defects as needed Completes accurate driver log and submits on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, maintenance and delivery documentation.
The nitty gritty... Reports to: Operations Manager with additional direction given by Production Supervisor GENERAL PURPOSE: Operates tractor/trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation in US or National/Provincial guidelines in Canada, as well as all Company guidelines in order to deliver products to dealer locations as scheduled. May assist with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Prepares required delivery paperwork. Provides basic customer service related to delivery issues and assists in resolving related problems.
**** ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Operates tractor/trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation guidelines in US or National/Provincial guidelines in Canada as well as all Company guidelines, and in a safe and efficient manner. Fully complies with all hours of service rules. Performs regular equipment checks and completes related documentation and notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions. Delivers products to dealer locations as scheduled and as requested. Notifies Plant Manager, Supervisor, scheduling personnel and/or customer of any immediate delivery problems Assists with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Picks-up and loads returned products as instructed. Completes all related paperwork Provides basic customer service related to deliveries and assists in resolving related problems. Inspects products for defects as needed Completes accurate driver log and submits on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, maintenance and delivery documentation Reports accidents and completes appropriate paperwork per established mandated and Plant procedures Maintains current knowledge of, and complies with, CDL/DOT and Company/Plant requirements and standards. Immediately notifies supervisor of a problem with CDL, driving record status and/or medical certification. Attends and participates in driver safety meetings Fulfills back haul orders and spotting trailers in yard as instructed
********REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 21 (25 in Canada) years old and be physically qualified to drive a truck in accordance with DOT requirements. Prior CDL driving experience (2 yrs preferred, 1 year considered) with a good driving record. Must have a currently valid commercial drivers license and drivers license issued from only one State or jurisdiction. Ability to safely operate Plant motor vehicles and to determine if cargo being transported is properly located, distributed, & secured along with familiarity with methods and procedures for securing cargo. Meets all other DOT/Regulated Transportation standards and requirements. Submits to drug and alcohol testing as required under DOT and Company guidelines (US Only)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned. Serta Simmons Bedding is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Environment.
As a part of the Serta Simmons Bedding team, you can help lead the way to a healthier and more well-rested world. Our mission is simple -- to give consumers the sleep they need to live the lives they want. We are the world's #1 mattress company with winning and iconic brands -- Serta and Simmons -- and robust marketing, sales and operational capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test