ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing technical support for engineering staff, including performing duties related to testing. This position works under direct supervision.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
• Setting up test apparatus
• Operating equipment
• Maintaining equipment and facilities
• Preparing test samples
• Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
• Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
• May draft technical reports
• May extract and compile engineering data
• May prepare project files for compliance with operating procedures
• May make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards
• May communicate with clients and management
• Performing other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years directly related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
• Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
• Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
• Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.