Group Leader - Assembly 2nd Shift
Gestamp North America
( Learn More )
Manages and oversees 30-80 employees, in a team based automated assembly/stamping environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops work instructions, trains employees on processes, and supervises daily operations
2. Monitors and reports daily production activities with regards to SPC
3. Identifies, develops, and implements strategies to attain production targets with respect to SQDCM
4. Leads daily production meetings to communicate production goals and provide feedback on overall team performance
5. Evaluates employee areas of improvement and implements strategies relating to employee development
6. Provides overall employee/team development strategies through training, coaching, counseling, and performance measurement
7. Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
8. Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors).
9. Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
10. Other related activities as related to the scope of the position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Associate's degree required or Bachelor's degree preferred in a technical or business discipline or actual supervisor experience in the same process with at least 4 years' exempt status.
2. 5 - 15 years experience in team-oriented manufacturing environment;
3. Strong experience with measurable in regards to SQCDM and SPC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Strong people and leadership skills
2. Willingness to work a second or third shift assignment
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test