( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
The Superintendent leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or Turner trade labor. The Superintendent is also responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Lead responsibility for:
• Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
• Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
• Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
• Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
• Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
• Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
• Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test