Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal and or aluminum components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints or work orders using a variety of arc welding equipment. Additionally, you will…
• Fuse or weld metal structural components together by means GMAW arc welding in the fabrication of communication towers, components and overhead sign structures
• Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
• Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
• Adjust welding equipment to its prescribed settings
• Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well as all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner • Read and complete labor reporting system, standard shop forms, and blueprints
What it takes
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 6 months of previous hands-on welding experience in a production environment
• The ability to accurately read a measuring tape
• The ability to read weld symbols and blueprints
• The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions including all safety expectations
• The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
• The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment • The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
• American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
• One year of previous qualified welding experience in a professional environment
• Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].