A local, growing manufacturing company is looking for an Accounting Specialist. This person will demonstrate attention to detail and strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment, of meeting deadlines, as well as financial reporting experience.
• Receives and processes customer payments and vendor payments.
• Researches and reconciles customer claims for payment offsets.
• Performs accurate accounting of operational results
• Manages our EDI application and reconciles transactions with customer portals
• Processes inventory related transactions and reconciles inventory
• Participates in development of annual budgets, schedules expenditures, and analyzes variances.
• Provides timely bank reconciliations and reports.
• Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience in Accounting
• Good organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing
• Experience with large retail customer such as Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware
• Work equally well independently and in teams
• Proficient with QuickBooks
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
• Capable in computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office applications